You are not connected to the UNCG University Libraries network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. UNCG Subscription Login
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Biography Juvenile films
|Named Person:||Fannie Lou Hamer; Fannie Lou Hamer; Fannie Lou Hamer|
|Material Type:||Animation, Juvenile audience, Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ryan Swenar; Andy T Jones; Carole Boston Weatherford; Ekua Holmes; Janina Edwards; Dreamscape Media.
|Language Note:||In English; Closed-captioned.|
Title from title frames.
Based on the book Voice of freedom.
Special features: Author's note.
|Credits:||Animated by Andy T. Jones ; edit and sound design by Andy T. Jones ; graphic design by Karen Warner|
|Performer(s):||Narrated by Janina Edwards.|
|Target Audience:||Ages 3 to 8.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (34 min.) : DVD video, sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; region 1, NTSC; widescreen presentation; Dolby digital, 2.0.|
|Other Titles:||Voice of freedom :|
|Responsibility:||written by Carole Boston Weatherford ; illustrated by Ekua Holmes ; produced by Ryan Swenar.|
Despite fierce prejudice and abuse, even being beaten within an inch of her life, Fannie Lou Hamer was a champion of civil rights from the 1950s until her death in 1977. Integral to the Freedom Summer of 1964, Ms. Hamer gave a speech at the Democratic National Convention that, despite President Johnson's interference, aired on national TV news and spurred the nation to support the Freedom Democrats. Celebrates Fannie Lou Hamer's life and legacy with a message of hope, determination, and strength.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Hamer, Fannie Lou -- Juvenile films.
- Hamer, Fannie Lou -- Poetry.
- Hamer, Fannie Lou.
- African American women civil rights workers -- Biography -- Juvenile films.
- African Americans -- Biography -- Juvenile films.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile films.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile films.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile films.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile films.
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile films.
- Mississippi -- Race relations -- Juvenile films.
- Civil rights workers -- Poetry.
- Civil rights movements -- Poetry.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Poetry.
- African Americans -- Poetry.
- Women -- Poetry.
- Picture Books On Video.
- African American women civil rights workers.
- African Americans.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Race relations.
- United States.